How to put contact lenses in
1. Before you start, wash your hands with soap (preferably non-perfumed, anti-bacterial liquid soap), then rinse and dry your hands with a lint-free towel.
It’s a good idea to always put in your contact lenses in the same order, for example, with your right eye first. This way you won’t get your lenses mixed up.
2. Check the lens isn't inside out. To do this, just put the lens on the tip of your finger and hold it up to the light. If the edges flare out, it's inside out. If it looks like a smooth edged cup, it’s ready to go.
Most ACUVUE® Contact Lenses also have a 123 indicator, so you can easily tell when they are inside out. If the numbers are the right way round, so is the lens.
3. Using your other hand, gently hold your upper eyelid so you don’t blink.
4. Carefully pull down your lower eyelid with the other fingers of your applying hand.
5. Move the contact lens towards your eye calmly and steadily. It may help to look upwards as you place it on your eye.
6. Slowly release your eyelid and close your eye for a moment to allow the lens to settle.
7. Repeat for your left eye.