Top tips for looking after your contact lenses
- Good lens wear and care is essential to prevent avoidable eye problems. Wash your hands and dry them thoroughly before using any type of contact lens and follow all the recommended procedures.
- Never use tap water to clean lenses – this could lead to serious problems, including corneal ulcers and eye infections. Follow the manufacturer’s directions for cleaning, disinfecting and wearing the lenses.
- Don’t share or swap lenses with anyone else.
- If in doubt, take them out. If you experience any signs of redness, pain or loss of vision – consult your optometrist or optician immediately for advice.
- Commit to regular after care appointments with your optometrist – at least once a year, or more often if your optometrist recommends it or if you’re experiencing problems.